General Robotics Summer Camp 2021
DATES: June 28th - July 2nd
TIME: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
LOCATION: 281 and EVANS RD
In this course, you will learn how to assemble and program simple robotic devices from a variety of topics such as bionic robotics, industrial robotics, commercial robotics, and robotic vehicles. You will get to create a robo-crab, a pumping unit, an oscillating fan, and more.
Using your hands only, assemble your robot using plastic pieces, sensors, and actuators; each project represents a real-life working device!
For programming, you can choose between 3 different programming tools (project programming, scratch programming, and chart programming); whether this is your first-time using robotics or you have some experience, this camp will introduce you to the world of robotics in a fun way.
- 20 hours of effective learning, plus unlimited creative time through 8 fully documented, self-paced, self-managed learning sequences, and 24 challenges. See the course syllabus for more details
- Access to our MakerSTEAM web platform
- Personalized Learning according to your level
- One Krypton robotics kit per student to work during the camp. (If interested: the robotics kit will be available for purchase at the end of the camp with curriculum included, project based lessons)
- Mobile app: available for iOS and Android OS devices
- Official diploma when completing your beginner courses (general course + two applications courses)
- Multiple Intelligences Test
In this course, you will:
- Get hands-on programming experience
- Feel confident programming using the hardware and software
- Understand the working principles of basic electronic mechanisms
- Gain ideas for developing simple, yet functional personal projects
- Learn how to download and run a robotics program
- Program in 3 different ways: Block-based, Scratch, and Flowchart programming. C programming for experienced users (Windows only)
Learn more about Educational Robotics 4.0
Subjects: Science, Math, Programming, STEM, Coding, Robotics.
Educational Standards: NGSS, CSTA, CCSS